This host is installed with Microsoft Office Power Point and is prone to remote code execution vulnerability. This NVT has been replaced by NVT secpod_ms11-022.nasl (OID:22.214.171.124.4.1.256126.96.36.1992411).
Successful exploitation will allow attacker to execute arbitrary codes, can cause memory corruption and other attacks in the context of the application through a crafted Power Point file. Impact Level: System
No solution or patch was made available for at least one year since disclosure of this vulnerability. Likely none will be provided anymore. General solution options are to upgrade to a newer release, disable respective features, remove the product or replace the product by another one.
The flaw exists with the way application will parse external objects within an Office Art container. When parsing this object, the application will append an uninitialized object to a list. When destroying this object during document close (WM_DESTROY), the application will access a method that does not exist.
MS PowerPoint 2007 Service Pack 2
- Microsoft Windows TrueType Font Parsing Privilege Elevation Vulnerability
- Microsoft HTML Help Workshop buffer overflow vulnerability
- Microsoft Windows DNS Memory Corruption Vulnerability - Mar09
- Microsoft Office Products Insecure Library Loading Vulnerability
- Microsoft Windows SMB2 '_Smb2ValidateProviderCallback()' Remote Code Execution Vulnerability