This host is running Remote Desktop Protocol server and is prone to information disclosure vulnerability.
Successful exploitation could allow remote attackers to gain sensitive information. Impact Level: System/Application
No solution or patch was made available for at least one year since disclosure of this vulnerability. Likely none will be provided anymore. General solution options are to upgrade to a newer release, disable respective features, remove the product or replace the product by another one. A Workaround is to connect only to terminal services over trusted networks.
The flaw is due to RDP server which stores an RSA private key used for signing a terminal server's public key in the mstlsapi.dll library, which allows remote attackers to calculate a valid signature and further perform a man-in-the-middle (MITM) attacks to obtain sensitive information.
All Microsoft-compatible RDP (5.2 or earlier) softwares
- Microsoft Digital Certificates Security Advisory (2916652)
- Microsoft Windows Unauthorized Digital Certificates Spoofing Vulnerability (2718704)
- Quicktime player/plug-in Heap overflow
- BitDefender Internet Security 2009 XSS Vulnerability
- Opera relative path directory traversal file corruption vulnerability