This host is installed with Microsoft Address Book and is prone to insecure library loading vulnerability. This NVT has been replaced by NVT secpod_ms10-096.nasl (OID:220.127.116.11.4.1.25618.104.22.1681169).
Successful exploitation will allow attackers to load arbitrary libraries by tricking a user into opening a vCard (.vcf). Impact Level: System
No solution or patch was made available for at least one year since disclosure of this vulnerability. Likely none will be provided anymore. General solution options are to upgrade to a newer release, disable respective features, remove the product or replace the product by another one.
The flaw is due to the way Microsoft Address Book loads libraries in an insecure manner.
Microsoft Windows 7 Microsoft Windows XP SP3 and prior. Microsoft Windows Vista SP 2 and prior. Microsoft Windows Server 2008 SP 2 and prior. Microsoft Windows Server 2003 SP 2 and prior.
- Microsoft ASP.NET Insecure Site Configuration Vulnerability (2905247)
- Microsoft Word Could Allow Remote Code Execution Vulnerability
- Adobe Flash Player Remote Code Execution Vulnerability (WinXP)
- Microsoft Office Products Insecure Library Loading Vulnerability
- Microsoft Office Excel Axis and Art Object Parsing Remote Code Execution Vulnerabilities