The host is installed with Microsoft Windows operating system and is prone to security bypass vulnerability. This NVT has been replaced by NVT secpod_ms10-015.nasl (OID:184.108.40.206.4.1.256220.127.116.110740).
Successful exploitation will allow remote attackers to bypass certain security restrictions and hijack all network traffic without any user. Impact Level: System.
No solution or patch was made available for at least one year since disclosure of this vulnerability. Likely none will be provided anymore. General solution options are to upgrade to a newer release, disable respective features, remove the product or replace the product by another one.
The default Network Interception Configuration prefers a new IPv6 and DHCPv6 service over a currently used IPv4 and DHCPv4 service upon receipt of an IPv6 Router Advertisement (RA), and does not provide an option to ignore an unexpected RA, which allows remote attackers to conduct man-in-the-middle attacks.
Windows 7 Service Pack 1 and prior Windows Vista Service Pack 2 and prior Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2 and prior
Updated on 2017-03-28
- Microsoft RPC Interface Buffer Overrun (KB824146)
- Update to Improve Credentials Protection and Management (2871997)
- Microsoft .NET Framework 'RC4' Information Disclosure Vulnerability (2960358)
- Microsoft Windows Progman Group Converter Insecure Library Loading Vulnerability
- Opera skin zip file buffer overflow vulnerability