The host is installed with Windows Media Player and is prone to buffer overflow vulnerability.
Successful exploitation will lets attacker execute arbitrary codes in the context of the affected player. Impact Level: System/Application
No solution or patch was made available for at least one year since disclosure of this vulnerability. Likely none will be provided anymore. General solution options are to upgrade to a newer release, disable respective features, remove the product or replace the product by another one.
This flaw is due to a boundary checking error while opening a specially-crafted '.mpg' audio files.
Windows Media Player version 9.x and 11 to 11.0.5721.5145.
- ScriptFTP 'GETLIST' or 'GETFILE' Commands Remote Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- IpTools Tiny TCP/IP Servers Remote Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- VLC Media Player '.AVI' File BOF Vulnerability (Windows)
- IrfanView Integer Overflow Vulnerability
- Ziproxy Image Parsing Multiple Integer Overflow Vulnerabilities