The host is running SMB/NETBIOS and prone to authentication bypass Vulnerability
Successful exploitation could allow attackers to use shares to cause the system to crash. Impact Level: System
No solution or patch was made available for at least one year since disclosure of this vulnerability. Likely none will be provided anymore. General solution options are to upgrade to a newer release, disable respective features, remove the product or replace the product by another one. A workaround is to, - Disable null session login. - Remove the share. - Enable passwords on the share.
The flaw is due to an SMB share, allows full access to Guest users. If the Guest account is enabled, anyone can access the computer without a valid user account or password.
Microsoft Windows 95 Microsoft Windows 98 Microsoft Windows NT
- Microsoft Windows Fax Cover Page Editor BOF Vulnerabilities
- Microsoft .NET Framework 'RC4' Information Disclosure Vulnerability (2960358)
- Microsoft Windows Address Book Insecure Library Loading Vulnerability
- Microsoft EAP Implementation TLS Information Disclosure Vulnerability (2977292)
- Microsoft Windows ActiveX Control Multiple Vulnerabilities (2820197)