The host is installed with Microsoft Windows operating system and is prone to pivilege escalation vulnerability. This NVT has been replaced by NVT secpod_ms11-087.nasl (OID:188.8.131.52.4.1.256184.108.40.2062767).
Successful exploitation could allow attackers to execute arbitrary code with kernel-level privileges. Failed exploit attempts may result in a denial-of-service condition. Impact Level: System
Apply the workaround from below link, http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2639658
The flaw is due to due to an error within the Win32k kernel-mode driver when parsing TrueType fonts.
Microsoft Windows 7 Service Pack 1 and prior Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 3 and prior Microsoft Windows Vista Service Pack 2 and prior Microsoft Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2 and prior Microsoft Windows server 2003 Service Pack 2 and prior
- Microsoft Office Products Insecure Library Loading Vulnerability
- Microsoft Visual Studio Insecure Library Loading Vulnerability
- Microsoft Office Excel 2003 Invalid Object Type Remote Code Execution Vulnerability
- Microsoft Windows Indeo Codec Multiple Vulnerabilities
- Microsoft Windows Address Book Insecure Library Loading Vulnerability