The host is running Microsoft Windows XP which is prone to denial of service vulnerability.
Successful remote exploitation could result in administrator access, unauthorized disclosure of information and disruption of service by executing arbitrary code. Impact Level: System
No solution or patch was made available for at least one year since disclosure of this vulnerability. Likely none will be provided anymore. General solution options are to upgrade to a newer release, disable respective features, remove the product or replace the product by another one.
The flaw is due to an error generated in Windows XP while handling CHM files causing buffer overflow.
Microsoft Windows XP SP3 and prior.
- Microsoft Unauthorized Digital Certificates Spoofing Vulnerability (2728973)
- Microsoft Windows XP SP3 denial of service vulnerability
- MS Internet Explorer 'VBScript' Remote Code Execution Vulnerability
- Microsoft Windows Address Book Insecure Library Loading Vulnerability
- Microsoft Windows 32-bit Platforms Unspecified vulnerabilities