This host is installed with Active Directory and is prone to buffer overflow vulnerability. This NVT has been replaced by NVT secpod_ms11-019.nasl (OID:22.214.171.124.4.1.256126.96.36.1990279).
Successful exploitation allows attackers to execute arbitrary code with SYSTEM-level privileges or cause a denial of service condition. Impact Level: System
No solution or patch was made available for at least one year since disclosure of this vulnerability. Likely none will be provided anymore. General solution options are to upgrade to a newer release, disable respective features, remove the product or replace the product by another one.
The flaw is due to an error in Active Directory in 'Mrxsmb.sys', which fails to perform adequate boundary-checks on user-supplied data in crafted BROWSER ELECTION request.
Microsoft Windows 2K3 Service Pack 2 and prior
- Microsoft Windows SMB/NETBIOS NULL Session Authentication Bypass Vulnerability
- Microsoft Excel 2007 Office Drawing Layer Remote Code Execution Vulnerability
- Microsoft Windows ActiveX Control Multiple Vulnerabilities (2820197)
- Microsoft Autorun Arbitrary Code Execution Vulnerability (08-038)
- Microsoft Windows 32-bit Platforms Unspecified vulnerabilities