This host is installed with Microsoft WMI Administrative Tools and is prone to multiple remote code execution vulnerabilities. This NVT has been replaced by NVT secpod_ms11-027.nasl (OID:220.127.116.11.4.1.25618.104.22.1680281).
Successful exploitation will let the remote attackers execute arbitrary code and can compromise a vulnerable system. Impact Level: System
No solution or patch was made available for at least one year since disclosure of this vulnerability. Likely none will be provided anymore. General solution options are to upgrade to a newer release, disable respective features, remove the product or replace the product by another one.
The flaws are due to the 'AddContextRef()' and 'ReleaseContext()' methods in the WMI Object Viewer Control using a value passed in the 'lCtxHandle' parameter as an object pointer.
Microsoft WMI Administrative Tools 1.1
- Adobe Flash Player Remote Code Execution Vulnerability (WinXP)
- Microsoft Windows Fax Cover Page Editor BOF Vulnerabilities
- Computer Associates WebScan ActiveX Control Multiple Remote Code Execution Vulnerabilities
- JS.Scob.Trojan or Download.Ject Trojan
- Microsoft ASP.NET Insecure Site Configuration Vulnerability (2905247)