The host is installed with Mozilla firefox/thunderbird and is prone to privilege escalation vulnerability.
Successful exploitation will let attackers to gain privileges via a crafted web site. Impact Level: System/Application
Upgrade to Mozilla Firefox version 8.0 or later, For updates refer to http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/all.html Upgrade to Thunderbird version to 8.0 or later http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/
The flaw is due to, performing access control without checking for use of the NoWaiverWrapper wrapper, which allows remote attackers to gain privileges via a crafted web site.
Thunderbird version 5.0 through 7.0 Mozilla Firefox version 4.x through 7.0
Updated on 2015-03-25
- Mozilla Firefox Chrome Privilege Escalation Vulnerability Aug-09 (Win)
- Mozilla Products 'NoWaiverWrapper' Privilege Escalation Vulnerability (Windows)
- Changetrack Local Privilege Escalation Vulnerability
- Adobe Flash Media Server Privilege Escalation Vulnerability
- NETGEAR WNR1000 'Image' Request Authentication Bypass Vulnerability