This host is installed with USB device driver software and is prone to code execution vulnerability.
Successful exploitation will allows user-assisted attackers to execute arbitrary programs via crafted USB data. Impact Level: System/Application
No solution or patch was made available for at least one year since disclosure of this vulnerability. Likely none will be provided anymore. General solution options are to upgrade to a newer release, disable respective features, remove the product or replace the product by another one.
The flaw is due to error in USB divice driver, which does not properly warn the user before enabling additional Human Interface Device (HID) functionality.
Micorsoft Windows 7 Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2 and prior Microsoft Windows 2k Service Pack 4 and prior Microsoft Windows 2K3 Service Pack 2 and prior Microsoft Windows 2k8 Service Pack 4 and prior Microsoft Windows Vista service Pack 2 and prior
- MS IE Information Disclosure and Web Site Spoofing Vulnerabilities
- Quicktime player/plug-in Heap overflow
- Microsoft Access Snapshot Viewer ActiveX Control Vulnerability
- MS Windows Fraudulent Digital Certificates Spoofing Vulnerability (2641690)
- Microsoft .NET 'ASP.NET' Cross-Site Scripting vulnerability