This host is installed with Novell Groupwise Client ActiveX Control and is prone to Buffer Overflow vulnerability.
Successful expoitation will allow remote attackers to execute arbitrary code on the affected system and may crash the client.
No solution or patch was made available for at least one year since disclosure of this vulnerability. Likely none will be provided anymore. General solution options are to upgrade to a newer release, disable respective features, remove the product or replace the product by another one. A Workaround is to set the Killbit for the vulnerable CLSID http://support.microsoft.com/kb/240797
A boundary error occurs in Novell Groupwise Client ActiveX control(gxmim1.dll) while handling overly long arguments passed to the 'SetFontFace()' method.
Novell GroupWise Client 184.108.40.2064 and prior on Windows.
Updated on 2017-03-28
- Sync Breeze Server Remote Stack Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- Microsoft Internet Explorer Buffer Overflow Vulnerability - Jul09
- ImageMagick Multiple Denial of Service Vulnerabilities - 01 June13 (Windows)
- Wireshark BER Dissector Stack Consumption Vulnerability (Mac OS X)
- BigAnt IM Server 'USV' Request Buffer Overflow Vulnerability