This host is running NTP Daemon and is prone to stack overflow vulnerability.
Successful exploitation will let the attacker craft a specially malicious NTP request packet which can crash ntp daemon or can cause arbitrary code execution in the affected machine with local user's privilege. Impact level: Application.
Apply the security update according to the OS version. https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/search/ntp
This flaw is due to configuration error in ntp daemon's NTPv4 authentication code. If ntp daemon is configured to use Public Key Cryptography for NTP Packet authentication which lets the attacker send crafted NTP requests.
NTP version prior to 4.2.4p7 NTP version 4.2.5 to 4.2.5p73
- ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- Blue Coat K9 Web Protection Multiple Buffer Overflow Vulnerabilities
- UnrealIRCd User Authentication Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- ImageMagick Integer Overflow Vulnerability - 02 June13 (Windows)
- VLC Media Player OGG Demuxer Buffer Overflow Vulnerability (Windows)