This host has NTP installed and is prone to stack buffer overflow vulnerabilities.
Successful exploitation will allow attackers to execute arbitrary code or to cause the application to crash. Impact Level: Application.
Upgrade to NTP version 4.2.4p7-RC2 http://www.ntp.org/downloads.html
The flaw is due to a boundary error within the cookedprint() function in ntpq/ntpq.c while processing malicious response from a specially crafted remote time server.
NTP versions prior to 4.2.4p7-RC2 on Linux.
- RealPlayer Watch Folders Function Buffer Overflow Vulnerability (Windows)
- Personal File Share HTTP Server Remote Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- Novell Groupwise Client ActiveX Control Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- Dnsmasq TFTP Service multiple vulnerabilities
- Disk Pulse Server Stack Remote Buffer Overflow Vulnerability