This NVT has been replaced by NVT secpod_otrs_xss_vuln.nasl (OID:220.127.116.11.4.1.25618.104.22.1682352). OTRS is prone to an HTML-injection vulnerability
Successful exploits will allow attacker-supplied HTML and script code to run in the context of the affected browser, potentially allowing the attacker to steal cookie-based authentication credentials or to control how the site is rendered to the user. Other attacks are also possible. Impact Level: Application
Upgrade to higher OTRS version or Apply patch from the vendor advisory link http://otrs.org/advisory/OSA-2010-03-en/
An error exists in application which fails to properly sanitize user-supplied input before using it in dynamically generated content.
Versions prior to OTRS 2.4.9 are vulnerable.
Get the installed version of OTRS with the help of detect NVT and check the version is vulnerable or not.
- Apache Tomcat 'MemoryUserDatabase' Information Disclosure Vulnerability
- OTRS installer.pl Password Disclosure Vulnerability
- ASUS RT-N56U Wireless Router 'QIS_wizard.htm' Password Information Disclosure Vulnerability
- Bitweaver 'edit.php' HTML Injection Vulnerability
- OTRS Event Notification Information Disclosure Vulnerability