pyftpd is prone to multiple vulnerabilities. 1. pyftpd is prone to multiple default-account vulnerabilities. These issues stem from a design flaw that makes several accounts available to remote attackers. Successful exploits allow remote attackers to gain unauthorized access to a vulnerable application. 2. pyftpd creates temporary files in an insecure manner. An attacker with local access could potentially exploit this issue to perform symbolic-link attacks, overwriting arbitrary files in the context of the affected application. Successfully mounting a symlink attack may allow the attacker to delete or corrupt sensitive files, which may result in a denial of service. Other attacks may also be possible. pyftpd prior to 0.8.5 are affected.
Vendor updates are available. Please see the references for more information.
- Surge-FTP Admin Multiple Reflected Cross-site Scripting Vulnerabilities
- Home FTP Server 'SITE INDEX' Command Remote Denial of Service Vulnerability
- FTPD glob (too many *) denial of service
- wu-ftpd ls -W memory exhaustion
- Wing FTP Server Denial of Service Vulnerability and Information Disclosure Vulnerability