This host is running pyftpdlib FTP server and is prone to multiple vulnerabilities.
Successful exploitation will allow attacker to retrieve or upload arbitrary system files or cause a denial of service. Impact Level: Application/System
Upgrade to pyftpdlib version 0.5.2 or later, For updates refer to http://code.google.com/p/pyftpdlib/downloads/list
Multiple flaws exist beacuse pyftpdlib, - allows remote authenticated users to access arbitrary files and directories via a .. (dot dot) in a LIST, STOR, or RETR command. - does not increment the attempted_logins count for a USER command that specifies an invalid username, which makes it easier for remote attackers to obtain access via a brute-force attack. - allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service via a long command. - does not limit the number of attempts to discover a unique filename, which might allow remote authenticated users to cause a denial of service via a STOU command. - does not prevent TCP connections to privileged ports if the destination IP address matches the source IP address of the connection from the FTP client, which might allow remote authenticated users to conduct FTP bounce attacks via crafted FTP data.
ftpserver.py in pyftpdlib before 0.2.0
Updated on 2015-03-25
CVE CVE-2007-6736, CVE-2007-6737, CVE-2007-6739, CVE-2007-6740, CVE-2007-6741
CVSS Base Score: 7.5
- AceFTP LIST Command Directory Traversal Vulnerability
- Open-FTPD Authentication Bypass Vulnerability
- XM Easy Personal FTP Server 'NLST' Command Remote Denial of Service Vulnerability
- GNU Bash Environment Variable Handling Shell Remote Command Execution Vulnerability (FTP Check)
- FreshWebMaster Fresh FTP Filename Directory Traversal Vulnerability