smrsh (supplied by Sendmail) is designed to prevent the execution of commands outside of the restricted environment. However, when commands are entered using either double pipes or a mixture of dot and slash characters, a user may be able to bypass the checks performed by smrsh. This can lead to the execution of commands outside of the restricted environment.
upgrade to the latest version of Sendmail (or at least 8.12.8).
- Sendmail remote header buffer overflow
- Mail relaying (thorough test)
- SpamAssassin Milter Plugin 'mlfi_envrcpt()' Remote Arbitrary Command Injection Vulnerability
- Sendmail NULL Character CA SSL Certificate Validation Security Bypass Vulnerability
- CMailServer ActiveX Control Multiple Buffer Overflow Vulnerabilities