The remote sendmail server, according to its version number, allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service by sending a series of ETRN commands then disconnecting from the server, while Sendmail continues to process the commands after the connection has been terminated.
Install sendmail version 8.10.1 and higher, or install a vendor supplied patch.
- Sendmail custom configuration file
- MailEnable SMTP HELO Command Denial of Service Vulnerability
- Microsoft Windows SMTP Server DNS spoofing vulnerability
- MailEnable 'MESMTRPC.exe' SMTP Service Multiple Remote Denial of Service Vulnerabilities
- Quick 'n Easy Mail Server SMTP Request Remote Denial Of Service Vulnerability