The host is running SpoonFTP Server and is prone to denial of service vulnerability.
Successful exploitation will allow attackers to cause a denial of service. Impact Level: Application
No solution or patch was made available for at least one year since disclosure of this vulnerability. Likely none will be provided anymore. General solution options are to upgrade to a newer release, disable respective features, remove the product or replace the product by another one.
The flaw is due to an error while parsing 'RETR' command, which can be exploited to crash the FTP service by sending 'RETR' command with an overly long parameter.
Softpedia SpoonFTP 1.2, other versions may also be affected.
- PCMAN FTP Server STOR Command Buffer Overflow vulnerability
- SpoonFTP 'RETR' Command Remote Denial of Service Vulnerability
- KnFTPd FTP Server Multiple Commands Remote Buffer Overflow Vulnerabilities
- SolarFTP 'PASV' Command Remote Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- pyftpdlib FTP Server Multiple Vulnerabilities