Squid is prone to a remote buffer-overflow vulnerability because it fails to perform adequate boundary checks on user-supplied data. An attacker can exploit this issue to execute arbitrary code within the context of the affected application. Failed exploit attempts will result in a denial-of-service condition. Squid 3.1.6 is vulnerable other versions may also be affected.
Updates are available. Please see the references for details.
- IrfanView Integer Overflow Vulnerability
- Tcptrack Command Line Parsing Heap Based Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- Simple Web Server Connection Header Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- Wireshark BER Dissector Stack Consumption Vulnerability (Mac OS X)
- VLC Media Player OGG Demuxer Buffer Overflow Vulnerability (Windows)