The host is installed with SquidGuard and is prone to multiple Buffer Overflow vulnerabilities.
Remote attackers can exploit this issue to bypass the filter security and to cause Denail of Service due to application hang. Impact Level: System/Application
Apply the following patches. http://www.squidguard.org/Downloads/Patches/1.4/Readme.Patch-20091019 http://www.squidguard.org/Downloads/Patches/1.4/Readme.Patch-20091015 ***** NOTE: Please ignore this waring if the above mentioned patches are already applied. *****
- A boundary error occurs in 'sgLog.c' while handling overly long URLs with multiple '/' characters while operating in the emergency mode. - Multiple buffer overflow errors occur in 'sg.h.in' and 'sgDiv.c.in' while processing overly long URLs and can be exploited to bypass the URL filter.
SquidGuard version 1.3 and 1.4
- SquidGuard Multiple Buffer Overflow Vulnerabilities
- PHP 'apache_request_headers()' Function Buffer Overflow Vulnerability (Windows)
- Foxit Reader Multiple Buffer Overflow Vulnerabilities
- ScriptFTP 'GETLIST' or 'GETFILE' Commands Remote Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- Pango Integer Buffer Overflow Vulnerability