This host is running Sync Breeze Server and is prone to remote stack buffer overflow vulnerability
Successful exploitation will allow attackers to crash an affected service or execute arbitrary code with elevated privileges. Impact Level: Application
No solution or patch was made available for at least one year since disclosure of this vulnerability. Likely none will be provided anymore. General solution options are to upgrade to a newer release, disable respective features, remove the product or replace the product by another one.
The flaw is caused by a buffer overflow error in the 'syncbrs.exe' service when processing overly long login requests sent to port 9121/TCP.
Sync Breeze Server version 2.2.30 and prior
- IrfanView Integer Overflow Vulnerability
- Blue Coat K9 Web Protection Multiple Buffer Overflow Vulnerabilities
- Simple Web Server Connection Header Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- Sync Breeze Server Remote Stack Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- Oracle MySQL 'COM_FIELD_LIST' Command Buffer Overflow Vulnerability