This host is installed with Tcptrack and is prone to heap based buffer overflow vulnerability.
Successful exploitation allows attackers to execute arbitrary code via a long command line argument in the LWRES dissector when processing malformed data or packets. Impact Level: System/Application
Upgrade to Tcptrack 1.4.2 or later, For updates refer to http://www.rhythm.cx/~steve/devel/tcptrack/#gettingit
The flaw is caused due to error in command line parsing, it is not properly handling long command line argument.
Tcptrack version prior to 1.4.2
- Integard Home and Pro HTTP Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- Groovy Media Player '.m3u' File Remote Stack Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- UnrealIRCd Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- Novell iManager jclient 'EnteredAttrName' Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- Blue Coat K9 Web Protection Multiple Buffer Overflow Vulnerabilities