The host is running Telnet-Ftp server and is prone to directory traversal vulnerabilities.
Successful exploitation will allow attackers to read arbitrary files on the affected application. Impact Level: Application
No solution or patch was made available for at least one year since disclosure of this vulnerability. Likely none will be provided anymore. General solution options are to upgrade to a newer release, disable respective features, remove the product or replace the product by another one.
The flaw exists due to error in handling of file names. It does not properly sanitise filenames containing directory traversal sequences that are received from an FTP server.
Telnet-Ftp Server version 1.0 (Build 1.218)
Send the crafted directory traversal attack request and check whether it is able to read the system file or not.
Updated on 2017-03-28
- TYPSoft FTP Server 'ABORT' Command Remote Denial of Service Vulnerability
- Telnet-FTP Server 'RETR' Command Remote Denial of Service Vulnerability
- FileCOPA FTP Server Multiple Directory Traversal Vulnerabilities
- Home FTP Server 'SITE INDEX' Command Remote Denial of Service Vulnerability
- Home FTP Server Multiple Directory Traversal Vulnerabilities