The remote host is running vBulletin, a web based bulletin board system written in PHP. The remote version of this software seems to be prior or equal to version 2.3.5 or 3.0.5. These versions are vulnerable to a cross-site scripting issue, due to a failure of the application to properly sanitize user-supplied URI input. As a result of this vulnerability, it is possible for a remote attacker to create a malicious link containing script code that will be executed in the browser of an unsuspecting user when followed. This may facilitate the theft of cookie-based authentication credentials as well as other attacks.
Upgrade to versoin 2.3.6 or 3.0.6
- ownCloud Multiple Cross Site Scripting Vulnerabilities -03 May14
- MediaWiki 'profileinfo.php' Cross Site Scripting Vulnerability
- HP System Management Homepage Multiple Unspecified Vulnerabilities
- Bugzilla Group Selection During Bug Creation Information Disclosure Vulnerability
- BasiliX Arbitrary File Disclosure Vulnerability