This host is running Visual Synapse HTTP Server and is prone to directory traversal vulnerability.
Successful exploitation will allow attacker to launch directory traversal attack and gain sensitive information about the remote system's directory contents. Impact Level: Application
No solution or patch was made available for at least one year since disclosure of this vulnerability. Likely none will be provided anymore. General solution options are to upgrade to a newer release, disable respective features, remove the product or replace the product by another one.
An input validation error is present in the server which fails to validate user supplied request URI containing 'dot dot' sequences (/..\).
Visual Synapse HTTP Server 1.0 RC3, 1.0 RC2, 1.0 RC1 and 0.60 and prior
- IBM WebSphere Application Server Multiple Vulnerabilities
- IBM WebSphere Application Server Multiple CSRF Vulnerabilities
- Acritum Femitter Server URI Directory Traversal Vulnerability
- Apache Tomcat Partial HTTP Requests DoS Vulnerability (Windows)
- Kolibri Webserver 'HEAD' Request Processing Buffer Overflow Vulnerability