The host is installed with VLC Media Player and is prone to buffer overflow vulnerability.
Successful exploitation could allow attackers to execute arbitrary code in the context of the application. Failed attacks will cause denial-of-service conditions. Impact Level: Application
Upgrade to the VLC media player version 1.1.11 or later, For updates refer to http://www.videolan.org/
The flaw is due to an integer underflow error when parsing the 'strf' chunk within AVI files can be exploited to cause a heap-based buffer overflow.
VLC media player version prior to 1.1.11 on Windows.
- VLC Media Player '.RM' File BOF Vulnerability (Linux)
- CoCSoft Stream Down Buffer overflow Vulnerability
- Novell iManager jclient 'EnteredAttrName' Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- RealPlayer Watch Folders Function Buffer Overflow Vulnerability (Windows)
- Ziproxy Image Parsing Multiple Integer Overflow Vulnerabilities