This host is installed with VLC Media Player and is prone to buffer overflow vulnerability.
Successful exploitation could allow attackers to execute arbitrary code on the target system. Impact Level: Application/System
Upgrade to VLC media player version 2.0.2 or later For updates refer to http://www.videolan.org/vlc/
A boundary error exists within the 'Ogg_DecodePacket()' function (modules/demux/ogg.c) when processing OGG container files. This can be exploited to cause heap-based buffer overflow via a specially crafted OGG file.
VLC media player versions prior to 2.0.2 on Windows
Updated on 2015-03-25
- Yahoo Messenger JPG Photo Sharing Integer Overflow Vulnerability
- VLC Media Player '.AVI' File BOF Vulnerability (Linux)
- VLC Media Player USF and Text Subtitles Decoders BOF Vulnerabilities (Windows)
- RealPlayer Watch Folders Function Buffer Overflow Vulnerability (Windows)
- KMPlayer '.mp3' File Remote Buffer Overflow Vulnerability