The host is installed with VLC Media Player and is prone to buffer overflow vulnerability.
Successful exploitation could allow attackers to execute arbitrary code in the context of the application. Failed attacks will cause denial-of-service conditions. Impact Level: Application
Upgrade to the VLC media player version 1.1.11 or later, For updates refer to http://www.videolan.org/
The flaw is due to missing input validation when allocating memory using certain values from a RealAudio data block within RealMedia (RM) files.
VLC media player version 1.1.0 to 1.1.10 on Windows.
- Squid 'DNS' Reply Remote Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- SquidGuard Multiple Buffer Overflow Vulnerabilities
- Blue Coat K9 Web Protection Multiple Buffer Overflow Vulnerabilities
- Firebird Relational Database CNCT Group Number Buffer Overflow Vulnerability (Win)
- XnView Multiple Image Decompression Heap Overflow Vulnerabilities (Windows)