The host is installed with VLC Media Player and is prone to buffer overflow vulnerability.
Successful exploitation could allow attackers to execute arbitrary code in the context of the application. Failed attacks will cause denial-of-service conditions. Impact Level: Application
Upgrade to the VLC media player version 1.1.11 or later, For updates refer to http://www.videolan.org/
The flaw is due to missing input validation when allocating memory using certain values from a RealAudio data block within RealMedia (RM) files.
VLC media player version 1.1.0 to 1.1.10 on Windows.
- VLC Media Player Stack Overflow Vulnerability (Lin-Mar09)
- Pango Integer Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- Mereo 'GET' Request Remote Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- Trend Micro OfficeScan URL Filtering Engine Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- RealPlayer Watch Folders Function Buffer Overflow Vulnerability (Windows)