This host is installed with VLC Media Player and is prone to Stack Overflow Vulnerability.
Successful exploitation allows the attacker to execute arbitrary codes with escalated privileges and cause overflow in stack. Impact Level: Application
Upgrade to VLC media player version 1.0 or later, For updates refer to http://www.videolan.org/vlc
This flaw is due to improper boundary checking in status.xml in the web interface by an overly long request.
VLC media player 0.9.8a and prior on Linux.
- Terminal Server Client RDP File Processing BOF Vulnerabilities
- Gabset Media Player Classic Integer Overflow Vulnerability
- VLC Media Player 'MP4_ReadBox_skcr()' Buffer Overflow Vulnerability (Windows)
- Personal File Share HTTP Server Remote Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- VLC Media Player OGG Demuxer Buffer Overflow Vulnerability (Windows)