This host is installed with VLC Media Player and is prone to Stack Overflow Vulnerability.
Successful exploitation allows the attacker to execute arbitrary codes with escalated privileges and cause overflow in stack. Impact Level: Application
Upgrade to VLC media player version 1.0 or later, For updates refer to http://www.videolan.org/vlc
This flaw is due to improper boundary checking in status.xml in the web interface by an overly long request.
VLC media player 0.9.8a and prior on Windows.
- ImageMagick Multiple Denial of Service Vulnerabilities - 01 June13 (Windows)
- UnrealIRCd User Authentication Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- Firebird Relational Database CNCT Group Number Buffer Overflow Vulnerability (Win)
- ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- CoCSoft Stream Down Buffer overflow Vulnerability