This host is running VMAX Web Viewer and prone to authentication bypass vulnerability.
Successful exploitation will allow attackers to gain administrative access, circumventing existing authentication mechanisms. Impact Level: Application
No solution or patch was made available for at least one year since disclosure of this vulnerability. Likely none will be provided anymore. General solution options are to upgrade to a newer release, disable respective features, remove the product or replace the product by another one.
By default, Digital Watchdog VMAX Viewer installs with default user credentials (username/password combination). The 'admin' account has no password, which is publicly known and documented. This allows remote attackers to trivially access the program or system and gain privileged access.
Digital Watchdog VMAX Viewer
- Mozilla Firefox Chrome Privilege Escalation Vulnerability Aug-09 (Win)
- TOR Privilege Escalation Vulnerability (Linux)
- South River Technologies WebDrive Local Privilege Escalation Vulnerability
- Panda Products Privilege Escalation Vulnerability
- Multiple Brickcom Devices Authentication Bypass Vulnerability