The remote ESXi is missing one or more security related Updates from VMSA-2011-0013.2. Summary Updates for vCenter Server 4.1, vSphere Update Manager 4.1, vSphere Hypervisor (ESXi) 4.1 and ESX 4.x addresses several security issues. Relevant releases vCenter Server 4.1 without Update 2 vCenter Server 4.0 without Update 4 vSphere Update Manager 4.1 without Update 2 vSphere Update Manager 4.0 without Update 4 ESXi 4.1 without patch ESX410-201110201-SG. ESX 4.1 without patches ESX410-201110201-SG, ESX410-201110204-SG, ESX410-201110206-SG,ESX410-201110214-SG. ESX 4.0 without patch ESX400-201111201-SG. Problem Description ESX third party update for Service Console openssl RPM a. The Service Console openssl RPM is updated to openssl-0.9.8e.12.el5_5.7 resolving two security issues. b. ESX third party update for Service Console libuser RPM The Service Console libuser RPM is updated to version 0.54.7-2.1.el5_5.2 to resolve a security issue. c. ESX third party update for Service Console nss and nspr RPMs The Service Console Network Security Services (NSS) and Netscape Portable Runtime (NSPR) libraries are updated to nspr-4.8.6-1 and nss-3.12.8-4 resolving multiple security issues. d. vCenter Server and ESX, Oracle (Sun) JRE update 1.6.0_24 Oracle (Sun) JRE is updated to version 1.6.0_24, which addresses multiple security issues that existed in earlier releases of Oracle (Sun) JRE. e. vSphere Update Manager Oracle (Sun) JRE update 1.5.0_30 Oracle (Sun) JRE is updated to version 1.5.0_30, which addresses multiple security issues that existed in earlier releases of Oracle (Sun) JRE. f. Integer overflow in VMware third party component sfcb This release resolves an integer overflow issue present in the third party library SFCB when the httpMaxContentLength has been changed from its default value to 0 in in /etc/sfcb/sfcb.cfg. The integer overflow could allow remote attackers to cause a denial of service (heap memory corruption) or possibly execute arbitrary code via a large integer in the Content-Length HTTP header.
Apply the missing patch(es). See Also: http://www.vmware.com/security/advisories/VMSA-2011-0013.html
CVSS Base Score: 10.0
- VMSA-2012-0005 VMware vCenter Server, Orchestrator, Update Manager, vShield, vSphere Client, ESXi and ESX address several security issues
- VMSA-2013-0002 VMware ESX, Workstation, Fusion, and View VMCI privilege escalation vulnerability
- VMSA-2010-0007: VMware hosted products, vCenter Server and ESX patches resolve multiple security issues
- VMSA-2012-0009 VMware Workstation, Player, ESXi and ESX patches address critical security issues
- VMSA-2013-0014 VMware Workstation, Fusion, ESXi and ESX patches address a guest privilege escalation