The remote ESXi is missing one or more security related Updates from VMSA-2012-0007. Summary VMware hosted products and ESXi/ESX patches address privilege escalation. Relevant releases Workstation 8.0.1 and earlier Player 4.0.1 and earlier Fusion 4.1.1 and earlier ESXi 5.0 without patch ESXi500-201203102-SG ESXi 4.1 without patch ESXi410-201201402-BG ESXi 4.0 without patch ESXi400-201203402-BG ESXi 3.5 without patch ESXe350-201203402-T-BG ESX 4.1 without patch ESX410-201201401-SG ESX 4.0 without patch ESX400-201203401-SG ESX 3.5 without patch ESX350-201203402-BG Problem Description a. VMware Tools Incorrect Folder Permissions Privilege Escalation The access control list of the VMware Tools folder is incorrectly set. Exploitation of this issue may lead to local privilege escalation on Windows-based Guest Operating Systems. Solution Apply the missing patch(es).
Updated on 2015-03-25
- VMSA-2014-0003 VMware vSphere Client updates address security vulnerabilities
- VMSA-2015-0001: VMware vCenter Server, ESXi, Workstation, Player, and Fusion updates address security issues
- VMSA-2010-0016 VMware ESXi and ESX third party updates for Service Console and Likewise components
- VMSA-2013-0012 VMware vSphere updates address multiple vulnerabilities
- VMSA-2012-0005 VMware vCenter Server, Orchestrator, Update Manager, vShield, vSphere Client, ESXi and ESX address several security issues