The remote ESXi is missing one or more security related Updates from VMSA-2012-0016. Summary VMware has updated the vSphere API to address a denial of service vulnerability in ESX and ESXi. VMware has also updated the ESX Service Console to include several open source security updates. Relevant releases VMware ESXi 4.1 without patch ESXi410-201211401-SG VMware ESX 4.1 without patches ESX410-201211401-SG, ESX410-201211402-SG, ESX410-201211405-SG, and ESX410-201211407-SG Problem Description a. VMware vSphere API denial of service vulnerability The VMware vSphere API contains a denial of service vulnerability. This issue allows an unauthenticated user to send a maliciously crafted API request and disable the host daemon. Exploitation of the issue would prevent management activities on the host but any virtual machines running on the host would be unaffected. b. VMware vSphere API denial of service vulnerability The ESX service console bind packages are updated to the following versions: bind-libs-9.3.6-20.P1.el5_8.2 bind-utils-9.3.6-20.P1.el5_8.2 These updates fix multiple security issues. c. Update to ESX service console python packages The ESX service console Python packages are updated to the following versions: python-2.4.3-46.el5_8.2.x86_64 python-libs-2.4.3-46.el5_8.2.x86_64 These updates fix multiple security issues. d. Update to ESX service console expat package The ESX service console expat package is updated to expat-1.95.8-11.el5_8. This update fixes multiple security issues. e. Update to ESX service console nspr and nss packages This patch updates the ESX service console Netscape Portable Runtime and Network Security Services RPMs to versions nspr-220.127.116.11.el5_8 and nss-18.104.22.168.9834, respectively, to resolve multiple security issues. Solution Apply the missing patch(es).
Updated on 2015-03-25
CVE CVE-2011-4940, CVE-2011-4944, CVE-2012-0441, CVE-2012-0876, CVE-2012-1033, CVE-2012-1148, CVE-2012-1150, CVE-2012-1667, CVE-2012-3817, CVE-2012-5703
CVSS Base Score: 8.5
- VMSA-2013-0002 VMware ESX, Workstation, Fusion, and View VMCI privilege escalation vulnerability
- VMSA-2013-0001 VMware vSphere security updates for the authentication service and third party libraries
- VMSA-2014-0008: VMware vSphere product updates to third party libraries
- VMSA-2013-0003 VMware vCenter Server, ESXi and ESX address an NFC Protocol memory corruption and third party library security issues.
- VMSA-2010-0007: VMware hosted products, vCenter Server and ESX patches resolve multiple security issues