The remote ESXi is missing one or more security related Updates from VMSA-2013-0001. Summary VMware vSphere security updates for for the authentication service and third party libraries Relevant releases vCenter Server 4.1 without Update 3a vSphere Client 4.1 without Update 3a ESXi 4.1 without patch ESXi410-201301401-SG ESXi 4.0 without patches ESXi400-201302401-SG and ESXi400-201302403-SG ESX 4.1 without patches ESX410-201301401-SG, ESX410-201301402-SG, ESX410-201301403-SG and ESX410-201301405-SG Problem Description a. VMware vSphere client-side authentication memory corruption vulnerability VMware vCenter Server, vSphere Client, and ESX contain a vulnerability in the handling of the management authentication protocol. To exploit this vulnerability, an attacker must convince either vCenter Server, vSphere Client or ESX to interact with a malicious server as a client. Exploitation of the issue may lead to code execution on the client system. To reduce the likelihood of exploitation, vSphere components should be deployed on an isolated management network. b. Update to ESX/ESXi libxml2 userworld and service console The ESX/ESXi userworld libxml2 library has been updated to resolve multiple security issues. Also, the ESX service console libxml2 packages are updated to the following versions: libxml2-2.6.26-2.1.15.el5_8.5 libxml2-python-2.6.26-2.1.15.el5_8.5 c. Update to ESX service console bind packages The ESX service console bind packages are updated to the following versions: bind-libs-9.3.6-20.P1.el5_8.2 bind-utils-9.3.6-20.P1.el5_8.2 d. Update to ESX service console libxslt package The ESX service console libxslt package is updated to version libxslt-1.1.17-4.el5_8.3 to resolve multiple security issues. Solution Apply the missing patch(es).
Updated on 2015-03-25
CVE CVE-2011-1202, CVE-2011-3102, CVE-2011-3970, CVE-2012-2807, CVE-2012-2825, CVE-2012-2870, CVE-2012-2871, CVE-2012-4244, CVE-2013-1405
CVSS Base Score: 10.0
- VMSA-2011-0009.3 VMware hosted product updates, ESX patches and VI Client update resolve multiple security issues
- VMSA-2013-0014 VMware Workstation, Fusion, ESXi and ESX patches address a guest privilege escalation
- VMSA-2012-0006 VMware ESXi and ESX address several security issues
- VMSA-2010-0018 VMware hosted products and ESX patches resolve multiple security issues
- VMSA-2011-0004.3 VMware ESX/ESXi SLPD denial of service vulnerability and ESX third party updates for Service Console packages bind, pam, and rpm.