VMware has updated vCenter Server, vCenter Server Appliance (vCSA), vSphere Update Manager (VUM), ESXi and ESX to address multiple security vulnerabilities.
Apply the missing patch(es).
a. VMware ESXi and ESX contain a vulnerability in hostd-vmdb. To exploit this vulnerability, an attacker must intercept and modify the management traffic. Exploitation of the issue may lead to a Denial of Service of the hostd-vmdb service. To reduce the likelihood of exploitation, vSphere components should be deployed on an isolated management network. b. VMware vSphere Web Client Server Session Fixation Vulnerability The VMware vSphere Web Client Server contains a vulnerability in the handling of session IDs. To exploit this vulnerability, an attacker must know a valid session ID of an authenticated user. Exploitation of the issue may lead to Elevation of Privilege. To reduce the likelihood of exploitation, vSphere components should be deployed on an isolated management network. c. vCenter and Update Manager, Oracle JRE update 1.6.0_51. Oracle JRE is updated to version 1.6.0_51, which addresses multiple security issues that existed in earlier releases of Oracle JRE. Oracle has documented the CVE identifiers that are addressed in JRE 1.6.0_51 in the Oracle Java SE Critical Patch Update Advisory of June 2013. The References section provides a link to this advisory.
VMware vCenter Server before 5.0 update 3 VMware Update Manager before 5.0 update 3 VMware ESXi 5.0 without patch ESXi500-201310101-SG VMware ESXi 4.1 without patch ESXi410-201307401-SG VMware ESXi 4.0 without patch ESXi400-201305401-SG VMware ESX 4.1 without patch ESX410-201307401-SG VMware ESX 4.0 without patch ESX400-201305401-SG
Check if the patch for VMSA-2013-0012 is installed.
Updated on 2015-03-25
- VMSA-2012-0005 VMware vCenter Server, Orchestrator, Update Manager, vShield, vSphere Client, ESXi and ESX address several security issues
- VMSA-2013-0002 VMware ESX, Workstation, Fusion, and View VMCI privilege escalation vulnerability
- VMSA-2013-0012 VMware vSphere updates address multiple vulnerabilities
- VMSA-2012-0006 VMware ESXi and ESX address several security issues
- VMSA-2011-0009.3 VMware hosted product updates, ESX patches and VI Client update resolve multiple security issues