VMware Workstation, Player, Fusion, ESXi, ESX and vCloud Director address several security issues.
Apply the missing patch(es).
a. VMware ESXi and ESX NFC NULL pointer dereference VMware ESXi and ESX contain a NULL pointer dereference in the handling of the Network File Copy (NFC) traffic. To exploit this vulnerability, an attacker must intercept and modify the NFC traffic between ESXi/ESX and the client. Exploitation of the issue may lead to a Denial of Service. To reduce the likelihood of exploitation, vSphere components should be deployed on an isolated management network. b. VMware VMX process denial of service vulnerability Due to a flaw in the handling of invalid ports, it is possible to cause the VMX process to fail. This vulnerability may allow a guest user to affect the VMX process resulting in a partial denial of service on the host. c. VMware vCloud Director Cross Site Request Forgery (CSRF) VMware vCloud Director contains a vulnerability in the Hyper Text Transfer Protocol (http) session management. An attacker may trick an authenticated user to click a malicious link, which would result in the user being logged out. The user is able to immediately log back into the system.
VMware Workstation 9.x prior to version 9.0 VMware Player 5.x prior to version 5.0 VMware Fusion 5.x prior to version 5.0 VMware ESXi 5.1 without patch ESXi510-201401101 VMware ESXi 5.0 without patch ESXi500-201310101 VMware ESXi 4.1 without patch ESXi410-201312401 VMware ESXi 4.0 without patch ESXi400-201310401 VMware ESX 4.1 without patch ESX410-201312401 VMware ESX 4.0 without patch ESX400-201310401 vCloud Director 5.1.x prior to version 5.1.3
Checks for missing patches.
Updated on 2015-03-25
- VMSA-2014-0005: VMware Workstation, Player, Fusion, and ESXi patches address a guest privilege escalation
- VMSA-2014-0006: VMware product updates address OpenSSL security vulnerabilities
- VMSA-2013-0016 VMware ESXi and ESX unauthorized file access through vCenter Server and ESX
- VMSA-2013-0009 VMware ESX and ESXi updates to third party libraries
- VMSA-2014-0004 VMware product updates address OpenSSL security vulnerabilities