It might be possible to make the remote FTP server crash by issuing this command : CEL aaaa(...)aaaa This problem is similar to the 'aix ftpd' overflow but on embedded vxworks based systems like the 3com nbx IP phone call manager and seems to cause the server to crash. *** Note that OVS solely relied on the banner of *** the remote server to issue this warning.
If you are using an embedded vxworks product, please contact the OEM vendor and reference WindRiver field patch TSR 296292. If this is the 3com NBX IP Phone call manager, contact 3com. This affects VxWorks ftpd versions 5.4 and 5.4.2 For more information, see CERT VU 317417 http://www.kb.cert.org/vuls/id/317417 or full security alert at http://www.secnap.net/security/nbx001.html
- FTPGetter 'PASV' Command Remote Stack Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- FFFTP LIST Command Directory Traversal Vulnerability
- httpdx 'MKD' Command Directory Traversal Vulnerability
- ProFTPD Prior To 1.3.3g Use-After-Free Remote Code Execution Vulnerability
- War FTP Daemon 'USER' and 'PASS' Remote Format String Vulnerability