This host is installed with Microsoft Windows Messenger and is prone to multiple vulnerabilities.
Successful exploitation could allow attackers to bypass certain security restrictions, execute arbitrary code in the context of the browser or cause a denial of service. Impact Level: Application
No solution or patch was made available for at least one year since disclosure of this vulnerability. Likely none will be provided anymore. General solution options are to upgrade to a newer release, disable respective features, remove the product or replace the product by another one.
The flaws are due to - Buffer overflow in Setup ActiveX control (setupbbs.ocx), allows attacker to execute commands via the methods vAddNewsServer or bIsNewsServerConfigured. - An error in 'ActiveX' object allows attacker to disclosure information. - An error in the authentication mechanisms, allows remote attacker to spoof messages. - An error in 'Font' tag and in 'Invite' request allows remote attacker to cause denial of service.
Microsoft MSN Messenger Service 1.x, 2.0.x, 2.2.x, 3.0.x, 3.6.x Microsoft MSN Messenger Service 4.0.x to 4.6.x
- Microsoft Windows Fax Cover Page Editor BOF Vulnerabilities
- Microsoft Windows XP SP3 denial of service vulnerability
- Microsoft PowerPoint 2007 OfficeArt Atom Remote Code Execution Vulnerability
- Microsoft Windows TrueType Font Parsing Privilege Elevation Vulnerability
- Microsoft RPC Interface Buffer Overrun (KB824146)