This host is installed with Wireshark and is prone to stack consumption vulnerability.
Successful exploitation will allow attackers to crash the application. Impact Level: Application
Upgrade to Wireshark 1.4.1 or 1.2.12 or later. For updates refer to http://www.wireshark.org/download
The flaw is due to stack consumption error in the 'dissect_ber_unknown()' function in 'epan/dissectors/packet-ber.c' in the BER dissector, whcih allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (NULL pointer dereference and crash) via a long string in an unknown 'ASN.1/BER' encoded packet.
Wireshark version 1.4.x before 1.4.1 and 1.2.x before 1.2.12
- Monkey HTTPD Host Header Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- VMCI/HGFS VmWare Code Execution Vulnerability (Linux)
- Integard Home and Pro HTTP Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- ImageMagick Multiple Denial of Service Vulnerabilities - 01 June13 (Windows)