This host is installed with Wireshark and is prone to denial of service vulnerability.
Successful exploitation allows attackers to send a specially crafted IKE packet to cause the IKEv1 dissector to enter an infinite loop, which leads to denial of service. Impact Level: Application.
Upgrade to the Wireshark version 1.4.9, 1.6.2 or later, For updates refer to http://www.wireshark.org/download.html
The flaw is due to an error in 'IKEv1' protocol dissector and the function 'proto_tree_add_item()', when add more than 1000000 items to a proto_tree, that will cause a denial of service.
Wireshark version 1.6.0 to 1.6.1 Wireshark version 1.4.0 to 1.4.8 on Windows
- Sun VirtualBox or xVM VirtualBox Denial Of Service Vulnerability (Win)
- Wireshark SMB dissector Denial of Service Vulnerability (Windows)
- Malwarebytes-Anti-Exploit Denial Of Service (Windows)
- Microsoft IIS FTP Server 'ls' Command DOS Vulnerability
- Wireshark IKE Packet Denial of Service Vulnerability (Win)