This host is installed with Wireshark and is prone to denial of service vulnerability.
Successful exploitation allows attackers to send a specially crafted IKE packet to cause the IKEv1 dissector to enter an infinite loop, which leads to denial of service. Impact Level: Application.
Upgrade to the Wireshark version 1.4.9, 1.6.2 or later, For updates refer to http://www.wireshark.org/download.html
The flaw is due to an error in 'IKEv1' protocol dissector and the function 'proto_tree_add_item()', when add more than 1000000 items to a proto_tree, that will cause a denial of service.
Wireshark version 1.6.0 to 1.6.1 Wireshark version 1.4.0 to 1.4.8 on Windows
- Wireshark Multiple Denial of Service Vulnerabilities - July 12 (Mac OS X)
- Squid Proxy Cache ICAP Adaptation Denial of Service Vulnerability
- Oracle VM VirtualBox Local Denial of Service Vulnerability-01 Oct2013 (Windows)
- osTicket Support Address DoS
- Wireshark IEEE 802.11 Dissector Denial of Service Vulnerability (Windows)