This host is installed with Wireshark and is prone to Denial of Service vulnerability.
Successful exploitation will allow the attackers to crash an affected application. Impact Level: Application
Upgrade to Wireshark version 1.0.14 or 1.2.9: For updates refer to http://www.wireshark.org/download.html
The flaw is caused by a NULL pointer dereference error in the 'SMB' dissector, which could be exploited to crash an affected application via unknown vectors.
Wireshark version 0.99.6 through 1.0.13, and 1.2.0 through 1.2.8
- OpenOffice senddoc Insecure Temporary File Creation Vulnerability (Win)
- Microsoft IIS FTP Server 'ls' Command DOS Vulnerability
- WinFTP Server PASV Command Denial of Service Vulnerability
- Wireshark IKE Packet Denial of Service Vulnerability (Win)
- Wireshark Multiple Denial of Service Vulnerabilities - July 12 (Windows)