This host is installed with Wireshark and is prone to Denial of Service vulnerability.
Successful exploitation will allow the attackers to crash an affected application. Impact Level: Application
Upgrade to Wireshark version 1.0.14 or 1.2.9: For updates refer to http://www.wireshark.org/download.html
The flaw is caused by a NULL pointer dereference error in the 'SMB PIPE' dissector, which could be exploited to crash an affected application via unknown vectors.
Wireshark version 0.8.20 to 1.0.13 and 1.2.0 to 1.2.8
- Samba 'etc/mtab' File Appending Local Denial of Service Vulnerability
- Wireshark Multiple Denial of Service Vulnerabilities - July 12 (Windows)
- Oracle VM VirtualBox Local Denial of Service Vulnerability-01 Oct2013 (Linux)
- Sun VirtualBox or xVM VirtualBox Denial Of Service Vulnerability (Win)
- Cisco VPN Client for Windows 'StartServiceCtrlDispatche' Local Denial of Service Vulnerability