It was possible to shut down the remote FTP server by issuing a command followed by a too long argument. An attacker may use this flow to prevent your site from sharing some resources with the rest of the world, or even execute arbitrary code on your system.
upgrade to the latest version your FTP server.
- ProFTPD Prior To 1.3.3g Use-After-Free Remote Code Execution Vulnerability
- FreeBSD and OpenBSD 'ftpd' NULL Pointer Dereference Denial Of Service Vulnerability
- FTPD glob Heap Corruption
- BisonFTP Multiple Commands Remote Buffer Overflow Vulnerabilities
- Serv-U Denial of Service and Security Bypass Vulnerabilities