This host has XnView installed and is prone to buffer overflow vulnerability. Vulnerabilities Insight: The flaw is due to an error in the JPEG2000 plugin in Xjp2.dll, when processing a JPEG2000 (JP2) file with a crafted Quantization Default (QCD) marker segment.
Successful exploitation will allows attackers to execute arbitrary code in the context of the affected application or cause a denial of service condition. Impact Level: System/Application
No solution or patch was made available for at least one year since disclosure of this vulnerability. Likely none will be provided anymore. General solution options are to upgrade to a newer release, disable respective features, remove the product or replace the product by another one.
XnView version 1.98.5 and prior.
- ImageMagick Multiple Denial of Service Vulnerabilities - 01 June13 (Windows)
- ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- VLC Media Player '.RM' File BOF Vulnerability (Windows)
- Tcptrack Command Line Parsing Heap Based Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- VLC Media Player '.AVI' File BOF Vulnerability (Windows)