This host is running ZyXEL ZyWALL Web Configurator and prone to authentication bypass vulnerability.
Successful exploitation will allow attackers to gain administrative access, circumventing existing authentication mechanisms. Impact Level: Application
No solution or patch was made available for at least one year since disclosure of this vulnerability. Likely none will be provided anymore. General solution options are to upgrade to a newer release, disable respective features, remove the product or replace the product by another one.
By default, ZyXEL ZyWALL installs with default user credentials (username/password combination). The web configurator account has a password of '1234', which is publicly known and documented. This allows remote attackers to trivially access the program or system and gain privileged access.
CVSS Base Score: 10.0
- Sun VirtualBox 'VBoxNetAdpCtl' Privilege Escalation Vulnerability
- Mozilla Firefox Chrome Privilege Escalation Vulnerability Aug-09 (Win)
- Changetrack Local Privilege Escalation Vulnerability
- VMAX Web Viewer Default Credentials Authentication Bypass Vulnerability
- Panda Products Privilege Escalation Vulnerability