A denial of service vulnerability has been found in the way the multiple
overlapping ranges are handled by the Apache HTTPD server:
An attack tool is circulating in the wild. Active use of this tools has been observed. The attack can be done remotely and with a modest number of requests can cause very significant memory and CPU usage on the server.
This alert was generated using only banner information. It may be a false positive.
Affected Apache versions (1.3.x, 2.0.x through 2.0.64, and 2.2.x through 2.2.19).
- Upgrade to the latest version of Apache HTTP Server (2.2.20 or later), available from the Apache HTTP Server Project Web site.
- WordPress Plugin NextGEN Gallery-WordPress Gallery Arbitrary File Upload (2.1.10)
- WordPress Plugin eCommerce Shopping Cart by WP EasyCart Unspecified Vulnerability (3.1.9)
- WordPress Plugin I Recommend This SQL Injection (3.7.2)
- WordPress Plugin Calendar by WD-Responsive Event Calendar for WordPress SQL Injection (1.5.51)
- WordPress Plugin Bookshelf Cross-Site Scripting (2.0.4)